Friday, October 2, 2015

The Prince Who Was Just Himself


Today I want to share with you a children' s book called The Prince Who Was Just Himself by Silke Schnee.

About the book:
The royal couple is looking forward to their third child. “He looks a little different,” muses the king at Prince Noah’s arrival. “He is not like the others,” agrees the queen. Soon they notice what a very special person he is, even though he can’t do everything his brothers can. When the youngest prince disarms the cruel knight Scarface, the nation’s most dreaded enemy, with an act of compassion, everyone finally realizes how good it is that each person is unique. This delightfully illustrated fairy tale for children three years and older instills appreciation for children with Down syndrome and other developmental challenges, making it a valuable aid for teaching tolerance in the home or classroom.

My thoughts:
I enjoyed this book and feel it has a good message.   I was touched how little Prince Noah reached out to the mean Scarface. No one else in the kingdom would have done that.  He didn't know any different and because of this made an impact on the enemy.

The illustrations go nicely with the story, and young children will like the castle and the king and queen.

This is a sweet story in my opinion.  Children will enjoy it and hopefully learn something from reading it (as could the adults who read it). It would be appropriate for a family or classroom.

The back of the book also has information about Down syndrome which I found helpful to myself.

Thank you to Handlebar for sending me a copy of the book for my review.

Have a day of blessings!
 

1 comment:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.