Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Marsha's Musings

It's August in Texas which means it is hot!  So I am extra thankful for our cool house and vehicles today.  I do not know how people work daily out in the heat.  I'm glad I do not have to do that!

This week I am thankful for...

~ going to a funding announcement in support of my husband this week for a project he worked on.

~ the talents and abilities of my big boy.  He is quite the artist.  He did a painting this week of a landscape scene he thought of.  He did a good job with it.  He thinks he may enter it in the fair.

~ our baby boy sleeping longer stretches.  I get up and check him when he sleeps longer. He slept 9:30--6:45 one night this week.  He has been rolling into the edge of the bed and that wakes him up usually.  I enjoy those times together in the night though when I get up and feed him. I know I will miss that when he no longer eats in the night.

~ my memories of my first pregnancy and miscarriage and how that changed me.  August 6 was my first due date.  I learned so much from that loss and am thankful for those 10 weeks I had with that baby.

~ a sweet magnet I found on my fridge from my Mom.  My Mom had placed it there when she was here, and I didn't see it until the next morning.  It was so sweet and made my day!

~ good check-ups at the doctor and dentist this week for Caleb plus getting those over with before school begins.

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Denise said...

nice thankfuls.

Marsha said...

Sweet memories and moments of gratitude. Blessings, my friend.