Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thankful Thursday

It's been a fast week for us since Monday was a holiday.  We had a nice Valentine's weekend together.  We stayed home on Saturday and my husband fixed our supper.  Then Sunday afternoon after church we headed to my Mom's to stay the night before my doctor's appointment.  I was glad Caleb could go with us to the baby appointment!  He liked hearing the heartbeat, and I liked seeing his big grin!

This week I am thankful for...
~ going back to eat at The Bean with my husband....17 years after he asked me to be his Valentine.  :)

~ getting to listen to my boy's presentation for his history class. They each had to choose a president to research, write a report, and make a visual.  He chose Dwight D. Eisenhower and for his visual he did a Power Point.  He did great and I enjoyed seeing him. He is confident!

~ the doctor having a good report on the baby.  She said the baby sounds good, and I am doing great.  31 weeks today!

~ having meals in the freezer that my Mom made.  We enjoy those when I'm having a busy week or just tired and don't think I can make something for supper.  And it is often enough for leftovers so that is nice!  We also enjoyed steaks at their house when we were there, and they were yummy!

~ having maternity clothes to wear.  I had some from when I had Caleb, but they don't all fit right. Some will do fine, but I like having options! My sister in law and her sister both shared some of their clothes with me which has been so helpful.

~ sweets we've enjoyed from Valentine's Day!  My husband makes me a chocolate chip cheesecake every year. It is so good! The first week of February I made Caleb an angel food cake and then last week I made my husband his favorite chocolate chip cake.  So we've had lots of sweets lately to share!

(I'm noticing a theme of food/eating in this Thankful Thursday!!)

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: