Monday, November 24, 2014

Becoming Bea



About the book:Beatrice Zook knows God wants her to learn patience toward others. When assisting a family overwhelmed by triplets proves surprisingly successful, her confidence in dealing with others, both young and old, grows. 

One person she'll never be able to find peace with though is Ben Rupp. They've known each other forever, and Ben understands precisely how to antagonize her. What neither she nor Ben will admit is that beneath all their bickering, attraction awaits. When friends decide to try and bring the couple together, will the pair be able to find true love? Or will they damage their relationship beyond repair?


My thoughts:

This is the first book I've read by this author.  It is the fourth in the Courtships of Lancaster County series by Leslie Gould.


In the beginning it was hard for me to get into this book. I think it was a different style of writing from other Amish authors.  For one thing, it is written in first person which I do like and is different from most other books I read.  Once I got into the book though I enjoyed it very much.  I found the title was very fitting for the main character, Bea.  She really changes a lot in this story as she matures and realizes things about herself.  I thought I saw some growth and changes in other characters too, such as Bea's sister Molly.  Ben and Bea have an interesting relationship and that also changes as the book moves along.  

If you are looking for an Amish author, try out this one.  

Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for sending me this book for my honest review.  

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: